Philomath Forward, Together!
By including all students’ and families’ voices in our community, we can help all our students to learn and grow.
¡Unidos Para Adelante, Philomath!
Si incluimos las voces de todos los estudiantes y sus familias en nuestra comunidad, podemos ayudar a todos nuestros estudiantes a aprender y crecer.
Now more than ever, the importance of our community and schools is clear. We can bounce back from adversity by supporting & strengthening one another.
To make decisions, especially in challenging times, I value:
As an educator, I’ve had the honor of leading work with:
- Racial Equity Group (co-founder, building; member, district & regional)
- Theatre (co-founder/developer/fundraiser, teacher, director, organizer)
- GSA (co-advisor, supporting middle school student founders)
- AVID – national program, college readiness (coordinator, teacher)
- Specific building teams (leadership, project committees, including one to create a middle school program distinct from the high school)
As a newer community member, I have engaged in supporting our community by participating in City Council meetings, Philomath Citizen’s Academy, and local community organizing. I am also active in my church and our local NAACP chapter.
Karen Skinkis, Philomath School Board Vice Chair
Denee Newton, Philomath High School Dean of Students/AVID District Director
Erin Gudge, Philomath parent (School Board candidate)
Zina Allen, art teacher
Ruth Causey, Philomath City Councilor
Catherine Biscoe, Philomath City Councilor
Jessica Andrade, Philomath City Councilor
Sami Al-Abdrabbuh, Corvallis School Board Chair
Luhui Whitebear, PhD, Corvallis School Board member
Jason J. Dorsette, Co-Founder, SoulForce Education, LLC